Become a Patient
Free Clinic of Central Virginia provides expert care with superior treatment results to patients at all points in their care from diagnosis to treatment and ongoing wellness.
Your gift will help provide medical, dental and behavioral health services in our community. Our work is only possible with generous support from those who share our commitment to making health care available to all.
Become a Volunteer
Volunteers keep the “FREE” in The Free Clinic. Volunteer support keeps costs low, enabling us to provide quality medical, dental and behavioral health care for those who might otherwise go without care.
Free Clinic of Central Virginia has a Centralized Call Center (appointment phone line) to find the best day and time for your visit. Your phone call is very important to us.
How do I schedule a medical or dental appointment?
• If have been determined eligible for services, call 434-847-5866 option 2 to schedule your
appointment. If you call and reach our voicemail, please leave a message. We will return
your call as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.
• Volunteer interpreters may be available upon request to assist non-English speaking patients
with their appointments.
• If you have not been determined eligible for services, you will first have to schedule an
Eligibility Screening Interview. Call 434-847-5866 option 3 to schedule your eligibility
How soon can I be seen?
Proving care for people who are experiencing acute medical or dental problems is our highest priority and we make every effort to see all patients as soon as possible. However, since most of our medical care and dental care is provided by volunteer health care professionals, wait times vary.
Is it really free?
• Yes. If you qualify, the Free Clinic’s medical, dental, pharmacy and behavioral health
services are offered free of charge thanks to the support of volunteer health care
professionals and community members; as well as donations from patients, individuals,
local businesses and foundations. We also receive funding through the Virginia Association
of Free and Charitable Clinics. We receive no local or federal government funding.
• You will be asked to make a donation of between $5 and $10, depending upon the type of
service you receive. This is a voluntary payment. No patient is ever denied services due to
an inability to pay.
Where can I go for primary care if I don’t qualify for care at the Free Clinic?
• Community Access Network provides reduced-cost healthcare services for people without
health insurance, as well as healthcare services for people with Medicaid, Medicare and
private insurance. Call 434-200-3366 to learn more.